Because contact with some flowers and plants can cause reactions varying from an it to death, it is best to teach your dog not to eat plants and flowers. Just as we baby proof our home for a new child, we must also dog proof our home for our four legged children. **Note this is a partial list of the most common plants and flowers. Should your dog eat a plant or flower, call your local poison control office or veterinarian. They can answer any questions and advise in actions needed to counteract poisons.
If this is a poison emergency call the
American Association of Poison Control Centers
or Animal Poison Control Center at 888-426-4435